23.1.12

First real conversation with father

For the first time, my dad and I talked about something that lasted for more than one minute.



Father: How are you?
Me: Honestly, I don't know how I feel right now. There's just too many things in my head right now. I can't seem to grasp the idea of how I'm going to survive from now on.
Father: Is it because of that person? Your mom told me that you cried all night last night. What happened?
Me: Things. Pa, is it really hard to let go of something you never had?
Father: ...Well...I guess if the feelings had sincerity in it, I guess it's going to be really hard. Anak, subukan mo naman maging totoo sa sarili mo.
Me: Hindi pwede, Pa. Maraming mas importante ngayon kesa sa nararamdaman ko.
Father: Hindi kita tinuruan maging tanga. Isipin mo naman yung sarili mo kahit minsan.
Me: I want to be selfish. But I can't....and I really don't want to.
Father: Do you need to run away from here?
Me: It feels like it. It's getting harder and harder to breathe here.
Father: Alright. Let's settle it when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment