12.12.11

Silenced

There are a few things that I am looking forward to this coming Christmas Break. For one, I will purchase and/or download all albums, movies, and/or TV shows that I missed. On top of my list will be this Korean movie, Silenced (Also known as The Crucible or 도가니). I've heard good reviews about this movie and  I cannot wait to watch this (with or without subtitles). The story is based on the same title of a novel by Jee-young Gong.

The whole story revolves around a the abuse of children with special needs by the administrators of their school. A new teacher, Kang In-Ho (played by Gong Yoo -- the main character from Coffee Prince) discovers the numerous assaults experienced by the students from the administrators as well as other teachers. The movie was directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk.

I personally want to watch this film because of the good reviews I've heard about it and because I've started to read the actual novel (thanks to Jihyea!:D) but I wasn't able to finish the novel and I currently don't have any means of getting a copy. Aside from that, I'm really curious (and I seriously want to kill those school administrators who violated the kids).

The movie will not be shown here in the Philippines so, it may be hard to find a copy of the film. Currently, the film is shown in the US and has finished its showing in Korea. The movie's poster and official English trailer. :)




This is the official website (in English) of the movie: Silenced 2011

Will update my to-watch/do list soon! :D

-SHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment